POST COVID – 19 HILTON CADETS YOUTH TRAVEL BASEBALL Youth Waiver
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING:
This document is governed by New York law.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
HILTON CADETS YOUTH TRAVEL BASEBALL (“HCYTB”) cannot prevent you or your child(ren) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in HCYTB athletic/sports programs or events. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in HCYBT programs or events you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in HCYTB athletics/sports program whether involving team or individual sports and related events and activities, by signing this POST COVID – 19 HILTON CADETS YOUTH TRAVEL BASEBALL Youth Waiver (“Waiver”), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk if injury and/or illness from the activities and events involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have direct or indirect contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or diagnosed with one or communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies, and/or any mutation or variation thereof does exist and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could become infected through contact with or close proximity to an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF HCYTB, its board members, officers, officials, employees, volunteers, other participants or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation and assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for an injury to my child(ren) or myself, including, but not limited to, personal injury, illness, serious illness, disability, permanent disability, hospitalization, death, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s participation in HCYTB programming, activities or events; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself and my child(ren) from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren) and my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS HCYTB, its board members, officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies (including United States Specialty Sports Association), directors, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the activities and events (collectively, the “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss of damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIEGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I understand that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by the laws of the New York State, and that if any portion of this Waiver is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Waiver shall continue in full force and effect to the fullest extent of the law.
I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
By signing this waiver, parent or legal guardian agrees to the above statements and verifies that the player’s date of birth is correct. Parent or legal guardian of each youth player must sign below. FOR PARENT/GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANT OF MINIORITY AGE: This is to certify that I, as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE.
Parent/Guardian also agrees to comply with the attached HCYTB Return to Play guidelines.
This Waiver shall be effective from the date of my signature below.
I affirm that I have had sufficient time to review and understand the provisions in this document, that I have read and fully understand this document and that I am freely signing this document. After careful deliberation, I voluntarily give my consent and fully agree to the contents of this Waiver.
PARTICIPANT NAME (PRINT)
PARENT’S/GUARDIAN’S NAME (PRINT) RELATION
PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE DATE