Below are two documents copied from the MCBR website. For more clairty, please visit the MCBR webiste directly
MCBR’s COVID-19 Plan uses the guidance of:
• CDC COVID-19 Considerations for Youth Sports • NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation (https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files /atoms/files/SportsAndRecreationMasterGuidance.pdf).
MCBR’s COVID-19 Plan provides specific guidelines to the “Participants” of MCBR sanctioned activities which include MCBR’s players, coaches, spectators, umpires, field managers, schools and other participants during MCBR community events and games. Each Participant is required to sign an MCBR COVID-19 Return to Play Waiver of Liability and Voluntary Assumption of Risk. PLEASE NOTE THAT COACHES ARE VOLUNTEERS AND NOT CONSIDERED RESPONSIBLE PARTIES UNDER NEW YOUR STATE LAW. UMPIRES ARE NOT EMPLOYEES OF MCBR.
MCBR participants must immediately report COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis daily to health care provider and team representative. The individual must quarantine and be symptomfree for 14-days to return to MCBR sanctioned play.
These MCBR RTP guidelines are designed to comply with NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation
All participants of MCBR sanctioned play must adhered to the following guidelines
Physical distancing of six- feet from those not in the same household
• Players will maintain six-foot distancing and seating areas when not actively participating in a game. For 13-year-old and over teams, the coach will designate and monitor these seating areas. For under 13-year-old teams, these areas are parent/family stations managed by the parent. If a player does not have a guardian at the game, the coach will identify seating for the player maintaining six-foot distance. • Players must adhere to the six-foot distancing rule whenever possible; even in the field of play. • Coaches must adhere to distancing at all times. • Players and coaches must refrain from personal contact celebrations (e.g. high-fives or fist bumps), no signs or signals that require touching of the face, or pre- and post-game meetings between coaches and players. • Umpires must adhere to distancing at all times; balls and strikes will be called from behind the pitcher’s mound. • The pre-game plate meeting must be conducted with six-foot distancing – only one person from each team and umpire should be in the meeting. • Spectators are limited to two per player. No spectators may enter the field of play. Spectators must adhere to six-foot distancing at all times. • Carpooling to MCBR games across households is discouraged.
Monroe County Baseball Region’s COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP)
Use of face coverings (masks)
• Players will be required to wear face coverings while not actively participating in a game and are unable to maintain the six-foot distancing rule. • Players will not be required to wear face coverings while on the field of play. Players should avoid touching their face unnecessarily. • Coaches, umpires and spectators (ages 3 and older) will be required to wear face coverings when unable to maintain six-foot distancing.
Healthy Hygiene Practices
Providing adequate equipment, gear and sanitation supplies
• Healthy hygiene practices include hand washing, using sanitizer, refraining from spitting, and covering coughs and sneezes must be observed. Team/Parent/Umpire issued hand sanitizer will be available to players, coaches and umpires during games. It is recommended that sanitizer be used between innings and at regular intervals during games. • Eating seeds, chewing gum and products of the like are not permitted. • Players, coaches and umpires are not permitted to share drink bottles or other personal items such as face coverings. Participants should have personal water bottles. • If it is necessary to share critical game equipment such as bats, helmets, or catcher’s equipment, the equipment must be cleaned with a disinfectant approved against COVID-19 between uses. • Before play begins and after play ends, each team is responsible for sanitizing their dugouts, equipment and high touch areas of the playing field. • Teams will follow COVID-19 sanitation and cleaning guidelines of the field owner. • The start and end times of games will be scheduled to minimize the overlap of participants.
• Each team should have an adequate supply of baseballs to supply new balls for each game. The team playing defense will use their team balls for their defense innings. Any foul balls or out of play balls should be retrieved and returned to the defensive team dugout and sanitized before being put back in play. Balls must be sanitized after each inning. • Each team will provide supplies including soap, sanitizer, paper towels, tissues and wipes for their players and coaches. • Each team will provide supplies to disinfect hard surface areas (benches, bat racks, etc.) when they first arrive at the dugout and after play. • Umpires should provide their own supplies as well. • Sanitation supplies for the restrooms and common areas are the responsibility of the field owner.
Providing COVID-19 messaging and posted signage
Managing a COVID19 Event
• Sign(s) reminding all participants of the MCBR COVID-19 requirements will be posted appropriately at each site. • MCBR RTP requirements will be posted on the MCBR website and sent via email to participants. • All participants should view the following CDC COVID-19 video(https://youtu.be/LMBzjaVRChY). • Participants must be assessed for COVID19 symptoms by their parents prior to any games. • Per the CDC, COVID19 symptoms includes shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. • Any participant experiencing COVID19 symptoms must stay at home; anyone participating in a MCBR event must be symptom- free and if they have had a recent positive COVID19 test have stayed isolated without symptoms for at least 14-days. • If advised by a MCBR coach of a positive COVID19 test result following a game, MCBR will immediately notify local health officials required by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) about any MCBR participant having a positive COVID19 test result. • MCBR will retain event schedule information, team rosters, game attendance, and staff information; the MCBR will provide this information to state and local health officials to assist in contact tracing of exposed/potentially infected individuals. • MCBR will act in accordance with privacy laws and regulations and notify MCBR participants of a COVID19 exposure at a MCBR event.
Spectators, coaches and players should be aware of the following facts when deciding to participate in MCBR activities: a. The Centers for Disease Control has identified that those who currently have a heart condition, lung disease, asthma, diabetes, or any other serious health condition have greater risks associated with COVID-19. b. The Centers for Disease Control has identified those over 65 as having greater risks associated with COVID-19. c. If you come in contact with someone that is presumed or confirmed to have COVID 19 or you become ill, you could possibly be isolated or quarantined by public health for 14 days or longer. Please keep these facts in mind when deciding to participate in MCBR events and games.
THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES A PROPOSED PLAN AND NO LEGAL DUTY IS CREATED OR ASSUMED.
MCBR COVID-19 RTP Plan Participant’s Compliance Requirements
MCBR provides: • MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP) • Waivers for each coach/participant/parent to sign prior to the season and games. • COVID-19 signage to be posted at game sites during play; reminding all participants of ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19. • Adequately spaced game scheduling to avoid overlaps at each field location. • Notice of NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation (see https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecreation MasterGuidance.pdf). MCBR designates respective organization of home team (or the home team manager if a team is not part of an organization) as the responsible party for meeting these standards. • Appropriate notification to local officials of a positive COVID-19 test result as requested and required by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). MCBR will provide assistance in contact tracing for any MCBR coach, player or parent/participant testing positive for COVID-19.
Teams – Coaches, Players and Parents provide: • Compliance with MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP). The collective cooperation of all participants will be required to ensure safety. • Compliance with the field owner COVID-19 rules if they are more restrictive than the MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP) rules. • Monitoring and enforcement of participant’s adherence to the MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP) and specifically the six-foot distancing requirement using assigned coaches and parent/family seating areas. • Game attendance recorded in the scorebook for each MCBR game including all participants - coaches, players, and spectators (family members) at each game. Coach shall ask each player names of their family members in attendance and note their names in the scorebook. The attendance information is required to assist with tracing if a COVID-19 case is identified and reported. • Compliance with the COVID-19 game play rules to minimize exposure risk. • Review of all MCBR COVID-19 RTP requirements with parents and players prior to the season start date. • Signed parent, coaches, and player MCBR COVID-19 RTP waivers. • Prior to MCBR games, an assessment of a participant’s COVID-19 symptoms and if suspected stay home and if tested positive report to MCBR. • Compliance with the COVID-19 face covering protocols and social distancing guidelines to minimize COVID-19 exposure risk. • Team provides an adequate supply of game balls. • Teams/parents provide sufficient equipment and gear to minimize players sharing; and, proper sanitization if equipment or gear is shared among players. • The required social distancing spacing at the playing field. • Teams/parents provide sanitation supplies and sanitizers for each game for use on equipment and high touch areas. • Sanitization of the high touch areas prior to and after games. • Posting of COVID-19 poster at game sites. • Compliance with only two family members attending a MCBR sanctioned game for a player (or players from the same family).
• Compliance with NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation (https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecrea tionMasterGuidance.pdf).
Field or Facility Owners provide: • Compliance with MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP). The collective cooperation of all participants will be required to ensure safety. • Field or facility COVID-19 guidelines required for the MCBR participants to use their fields. These rules if more restrictive will be in effect for the MCBR games. • Compliance with the COVID-19 face covering protocols and social distancing guidelines to minimize COVID-19 exposure risk. • Compliance with the COVID-19 playing area sanitation guidelines to minimize COVID-19 exposure risk. • Review of all MCBR COVID-19 RTP requirements prior to the season start date. • Compliance with NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation (https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecrea tionMasterGuidance.pdf).
Umpires provide: • Compliance with MCBR COVID-19 Plan for Return to Play (RTP). The collective cooperation of all participants will be required to ensure safety. • Review of all MCBR COVID-19 RTP requirements prior to the season start date. • Compliance with the COVID-19 face covering protocols and social distancing guidelines to minimize COVID-19 exposure risk. • Compliance with the COVID-19 game play rules to minimize exposure risk. • Compliance with NYS Department of Health guidance for Sports and Recreation (see https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecreat ionMasterGuidance.pdf).
ALL GUIDANCE AND POLICIES HEREIN ARE BASED ON THE POLICIES ESTABLISHED BY NEW YORK STATE. USSSA, MCBR, INC., AND ALL AFFILIATED ENTITIES AS WELL AS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, VOLUNTEERS, AND ASSOCIATED PARTIES ARE IN NO WAY LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR NEW YORK STATE’S POLICY GUIDANCE. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT AFFIRM THAT NEW YORK’S POLICIES HAVE ANY BASIS IN FACT OR SCIENCE.
RETURN TO PLAY WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the UNITED STATES SPECIALTY SPORTS ASSOCIATION athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease; Moreover, New York DOH and all other Government guidance may be useless in preventing COVID-19 transmission.
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE UNITED STATES SPECIALTY SPORTS ASSOCIATION, Monroe County Baseball Region, Inc. and all their subsidiaries, related entities , officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, and advertisers ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER CULPABLE CONDUCT OF THE RELEASEES.
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THE BELOW NAMED PARTICIPANT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, DURESS, OR LACK OF FULL UNDERSTANDING.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY ADULT PARTICIPANT: By signing below, I acknowledge and agree and verify the following: 1) I consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
Participant’s Name (Print)
Participant’s Name (Signature)
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF YOUTH PARTICIPANTS: By signing below, I acknowledge and agree to and verify the following: 1) I am the parent or legal guardian for the youth participant associated with this guardian account, 2) that the date of birth of the youth participant associated with this guardian account is correct, 3) that as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to assume the risks of his/her participation in these programs; and 4) that I specifically agree to his/her release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to this youth participant's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
Participant’s Name (Print)
Parent/Guardian Name (Print, if applicable) Relation
Participant/Parent/Guardian Signature Date